Apple iCloud.com provides IMAP access to your Icloud.com account so you can do it from mobile devices and desktop e Mail clients connect to your e-mail. If you’re setting up an email client to use your iCloud Mail account, you need the iCloud Mail IMAP settings to download your email. Read below to know more about why iCloud SMTP server not working.
Without the SMTP email settings, the email client has no way of knowing how to send email on your behalf using your iCloud Mail account.– iCloud Mail SMTP Server
iCloud SMTP Server Not Working – iCloud SMTP Configuration
- Server address: imap.mail.me.com
- Username: Your iCloud address (email@example.com)
- Password: Your iCloud password
- Port number: 993
- SSL Required: Yes (yes you see an error message when you use SSL
- Authentication: Required
IMAP Settings For Incoming Mail Server
SEE YOUR EMAIL APPLICATION DOCUMENTATION FOR WHERE TO ENTER THESE SETTINGS FOR FIX ICLOUD SMTP SERVER NOT WORKING PROBLEM. LOCATION VARIES BETWEEN PROVIDERS FOR MAIL TO DOWNLOAD YOUR MAIL MESSAGES:
- Server name: imap.mail.me.com
- SSL required: Yes
- Port: 993
- Username: Please enter only the name part of your iCloud email address, carysmith is an example.
- Password: Enter an application-specific iCloud email password. for outgoing mail server
An error in Apple Mail or iCloud SMTP Server not working causes the affected mail accounts to lose their outgoing mail server (SMTP) information. You can trigger the problem by making changes to your outgoing mail server settings in Mail -> Preferences. Fortunately, it is generally not necessary to make changes to the outgoing mail server settings after setting up an email account. But it’s annoying that Apple didn’t fix a bug I reported in OS X 10.7 Lion.
The current version of macOS is 10.12 Sierra, and the error is still present. SMTP) ”. The outgoing server related to the IMAP account is always displayed, plus the outgoing server for the selected account. you can find the configuration settings for those protocols. Read this article if outlook not sending email.
Both (IMAP and SMTP) use implicit SSL (use the ConnectSSL method) and explicit SSL (you can use the Connect method and then secure the channel using the StartTLS method): true-implicitiCloud SMTP Server Not Working
- Port: 993 (default)
- User: anakinskywalker
- Server: smtp.mail.me.com
- SSL: true-explicit
- Port: 587 (standard)
- User: anakinskywalker
DO NOT SEND E-MAIL OR RECEIVE
If your mailbox keeps spinning and emails aren’t coming or going, it means IMAP is not syncing. In this case, try the following steps:
- Close mail app.
- Go to / Users / your profile / Library / Mail / IMAP -account concerned /.
- Delete the hidden folder. Offline Cache.
- Start mail app again.
- A new offline cache- Folder will be created.
CANNOT SEND EMAIL (APPLE MAIL)
First, close Mail app completely. You can do this with the -Q command or by clicking Mail and selecting Exit. Then reopen the app by clicking the stamp icon on its base. The email settings are configured correctly. For more information, please read this article: Email Settings for Apple Mail. Because you were looking for a solution to any of the following problems.
Common iCloud Mail Problems –
- Why can’t I receive my emails on my iPhone?
- Why is my email not working on my iPhone?
- but you don’t get emails?
- Can receive e-mails but not send them?
- I can receive but not send emails on the iPhone.
- Cannot send email from iPad.
- Phone cannot send email from iPhone username or password.
- Can no longer send emails from iPhone?
- Why is my email not working on my computer?
Other Common Problems
Here are some other common Apple Mail problems and troubleshooting information:
- Messages are not copied to the Sent folder when using IMAP: To resolve this issue, see this article.
- Apple Mail asks for your password repeatedly: There are many possible causes for this problem. If the problem persists, please reset your email account password and provide the new password in Apple Mail. For more information, please visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204187.
- Last report this to Apple! We are doing everything we can to work with your team the more reports you get, the more likely they are to help us resolve this issue. The easiest way to send them a note is through this link: http://www.apple.com/feedback/icloud.html
So if you need to send a bulk email like a newsletter, it’s imperative to choose a professional SMTP service that can ensure a proper delivery rate – and provide other useful tools to analyze your campaign. Try all to fix your iCloud SMTP server not working issues.